The locateWater sensor can be connected to any one of the sensorProbe or securityProbe RJ-45 Intelligent Sensor ports enabling the unit to detect the specific location of water ingress.
This water sensor is a switch type that will be on or off and will detect the presence of water if a specific location on the rope becomes wet. This is ideal when monitoring for water leaks under raised floor, or false ceiling areas.
This sensor comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the water sensing cable, the non-sensing area cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module. The sensing cable can be pre-ordered from a 10 foot minimum to any custom run length (in multiples of 10 feet) of up to 160 feet. The non-sensing cable comes in a standard 20 foot run length.
The sensing module is then connected to any of the RJ-45 Intelligent sensor ports on the base units using standard CAT5/6 LAN cable. The specific location of water along the rope can be used to trigger alerts like e-mail, SMS, phone calls and SNMP traps.
The sensor has its own SNMP OID so that it can be monitored over the network using any Network Management System. Each locateWater sensor comes complete with a 5 foot sensor cable that connects the main sensing module to the securityProbes RJ-45 sensor ports, or you can use your own CAT5/6 LAN cable.
This cable can be extended up to 100 feet or 30 meters.
Note: The locateWater sensor is only compatible with the securityProbe, securityProbe 5E and newer sensorProbe2 shipped after October 2009. If you have an older sensorProbe or sensorProbe8 base unit, please contact us for upgrade details.
AKCP locateWater Sensor
With the Rope Water Sensor you can protect your essential equipment from potentially harmful water damage. Designed and manufactured by AKCP it forms an integral part of your disaster prevention system.
Monitoring System 100 III - buy now
The advanced monitoring system 100 III is the entry level model of the high-end surveillance systems from Didactum. This monitoring appliance is designed and manucactured within the EU. The engineering and support of the Didactum monitoring systems are located in Germany.
- Measurement range: Wet or Dry (-20 degrees C- +60 degrees C)
- Measurement accuracy: able to detect the presence of water at a specific location
- Sensor type: patent pending, microprocessor controlled, capacitance measurement technology
- Power Consumption: Typical 125 mWatt, 25 mA
- Communications cable: RJ-45 jack to main sensor module using UTP CAT5 cable. Maximum extension cable length is 30 meters or 100 feet.
- Comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the water sensing cable, the nonsensing area cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module.
- Sensing rope cable can be pre-ordered from a 10 foot minimum to any custom run length of up to 165 feet or 50 meters.
- Power source: powered by the sensorProbe, or securityProbe. No additional power needed. Both units autodetecs the presence of the ropeWater sensor.
- Full autosense
- Sensor module LED will activate when water is detected by the sensor.
- Sensor module will report a critical state if the cable breaks, is cut, or unplugged.
- Non-sensing cable comes in a standard 20 foot run length.