The ropeFuel Sensor is a float-type liquid level Sensor, used to monitor the fuel level in your storage tank. If your business infrastructure relies on backup generators, the chances are you are also relying on fuel to power those. By using the Fuel Level sensor you can ensure that your tanks are filled and ready for the most critical moments.
The sensor can be used ONLY ONCE. Etc. In case of contact with oil the sensor can NOT be cleaned. He needs to be replaced.
The intelligent sensor port powers the sensor. It is compatible with any of the securityProbe series base units, or the E-sensor 8 expansion modules. You can instantly be alerted should there be any drop below critical levels in your fuel. Advance alerting of possible fuel leaks or theft will ensure your tanks never run dry again.
- Ideal for remote sites that depend on backup generator power
- Normal, Low and Critical alerting
- Easy setup and installation
- Can monitor several liquids, including fuel, oil and water
- Monitor your tanks for critically low levels of fuel
- Powered by the securityProbe, no additional power required
Setup is simple, with the securityProbe autosense function and a simple 2-step calibration. Unlike other liquid float level sensors, calibration is performed to the sensor prior to mounting. No need to fill your tanks with water in order to calibrate the sensor, saving time, and mitigating harm to your engine caused by water left in the tanks.
Mounting the float assembly in the tank requires a 1.5 diameter hole to be drilled in the top of an empty tank. Clean the debris and then screw the self-sealing assembly into the hole. The sensor comes with a 40ft (10.2 meter) weatherproof cable that connects the float level assembly to the sensor adapter.
Custom lengths of up to 2,300ft (700 meters) are available upon request. A supplied 5ft CAT5 cable links the sensor adapter to the securityProbe base unit. This is extendable up to 100ft (30 meters) using standard CAT5 Ethernet cable
AKCP ropeFuel Sensor
As this sensor is a rope type it is perfect for lying beneath fuel tanks, usually found being used with diesel generators in remote locations where early warning of fuel leakage or theft is vital to maintaining the power supply, either of a UPS or as the main power source.
Monitoring System 100 III - buy now
The advanced monitoring system 100 III is the entry level model of the high-end surveillance systems from Didactum. This monitoring appliance is designed and manucactured within the EU. The engineering and support of the Didactum monitoring systems are located in Germany.
- Cable Diameter: 0.28 in. (7 mm) nominal.
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to 60°C (-4° F to 140° F).
- Pull Force Limit: Not to exceed 50 lb.
- Bend Radius: 2 in. (50 mm) minimum.
- Pressure: Loads greater than 20 lb (9 kg) per linear inch at 20°C (68°F) may immediately trigger an alarm.
- Measurement Accuracy: Capable of detecting the presence of fuel and oil at a specific location within 1 meter, or 1 foot along the length of the sensing rope.
- Sensor Type: Patent pending, microprocessor controlled capacitance measurement technology.
- Power Consumption: Typical 125 mWatt, 25 mA.
- Comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the liquid sensing cable, the non-sensing leader cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module. Also includes a 5 foot CAT5 extension cable.
- Communications Cable: RJ-45 jack to main sensor module using standard UTP CAT5 cable. Maximum extension cable length is 30 meters or 100 feet.
- Sensing Rope Cable can be pre-ordered from a 1 meter minimum to any custom run length of up to 5 meters.
- Non-sensing Cable comes in a standard 20 foot run length and can be extended up to 165 feet (50 meters).
- Sensor OID is .220.127.116.11.4.1.3818.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.0
The ropeFuel sensor is only compatible with the securityProb and sensorProbe shipped after October 2009. If you have an older sensorProbe2 or sensorProbe8 base unit, please contact us for upgrade details.