The Rope Water / Acid Sensor is a rope type water sensor designed for efficient water and battery acid detection monitoring.
The Rope Water / Acid Sensor can be connected to any one of the sensorProbe or security-Probe's RJ-45 Intelligent Sensor ports enabling the unit to detect the presence or non-presence of water or battery acid.
This water/battery acid sensor is a switch type that will be on or off and will detect the presence of water or battery acid if any portion of the rope becomes wet. This sensor comes fully assembled including the Water/Acid sensing rope, the non-sensing cable that connects the rope to the sensing module and the main sensing module that connects via CAT5 LAN cable to the sensorProbe/securityProbe 5E.
The sensing rope cable can be pre-ordered from a 10 foot minimum to any custom run length of up to 165 feet or 50 meters . The non-sensing cable comes in a standard 20 foot run length. The sensing module is then connected to any of the RJ-45 Intelligent sensor ports on the base units using standard CAT5/6 LAN cable. The presence, or non-presence of water/battery acid can be used to trigger alerts like e-mail, SMS, phone calls and SNMP traps.
The sensor has its own SNMP OID so that it can be monitored over your network using any Network Management System. Each ropeWater/Acid sensor comes complete with a 5 foot sensor cable that connects the main sensing module to either the sensorProbe or the securityProbe RJ-45 sensor ports, or you can use your own CAT5e/6 LAN cable. This cable can be extended up to 100 feet or 30 meters.
Ideal for use in basements and under false floors and roof spaces, the ropeWater/Acid sensor can cover a large area. Combined with any of the sensorProbe series or securityProbe series units it will give you advance notice of any water leaks or flooding. The sensor will retain its error condition until it is read via an SNMP get. Therefore if the sensor encounters a critical condition at anytime it will report that condition before it returns to a normal state.
AKCP ropeWater Sensor
With the Rope Water Sensor you can protect your essential equipment from potentially harmful water damage. Designed and manufactured by AKCP it forms an integral part of your disaster prevention system.
Monitoring System 100 III - buy now
The advanced monitoring system 100 III is the entry level model of the high-end surveillance systems from Didactum. This monitoring appliance is designed and manucactured within the EU. The engineering and support of the Didactum monitoring systems are located in Germany.
- Measurement range: Wet or Dry (-20 degrees C- +60 degrees C)
- Measurement accuracy: able to detect the presence or non-presence of water/battery acid
- The ropeWater/Acid sensor can detect and withstand a 40% concentration of battery acid for short term periods of time without damage to the rope.
- Sensor type: patent pending, microprocessor controlled, capacitance measurement technology
- Power Consumption: Typical 125 mWatt, 25 mA
- Communications cable: RJ-45 jack to main sensor module using UTP CAT5 cable.
- Maximum extension cable length is 30 meters or 100 feet.
- Comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the water sensing cable
- Power source: powered by the sensorProbe, or securityProbe.
- No additional power needed.
- Both units autodetecs the presence of the ropeWater sensor.
- Full autosense including disconnect alarm